ABOUT THIS POLICY
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
GOVERN Center only collects personal data that is necessary to respond to your requests. We may collect personal information from you through your use of our website, when you request information from us, when you engage us for services, or as a result of your relationship with our clients. Depending on the information or services you request, we may ask you to provide your name, phone number, address, email address and other personal information. When we request additional optional data, you will be informed at the time of collection.
By providing us with any personal information, you are consenting to the use of your personal information as contemplated in this privacy notice. If you do not want us to use your personal information for any of these purposes, please refrain from providing it to us. In addition to the personal information you knowingly provide to us, with regard to each of your visits to our website, we may automatically collect the following information :
technical information, including the Internet protocol address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, location; browser plug-in types and versions, operating system; and information about your visit; services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits, page interaction information.
When you decide to register or connect to the Website through a unique third-party login service that authenticates your identity and connects your social network identifiers (such as LinkedIn, Google or Twitter) to the Website, we collect from the social network provider the data and content necessary for registration or the connection you have authorized, such as your name and email address.
We will only use your personal information for our legitimate business purposes, including:
- to process and respond to inquiries, and provide our services;
- to manage our relationship with you and other clients;
- to market our services and research;
- to compile anonymous statistics, such as website usage statistics and statistics on the effectiveness of invitations and other emails; and
- where otherwise required by the applicable law.
CLIENT RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
We operate a mailing list program, which we use to inform clients and partners and other contacts about our news, including our publications and events. Our mail correspondence may contain tracking technologies in order to track subscriber activity relating to engagement, demographics and other data, and in order to build subscriber profiles.
If you would like to cease receiving communications from us at any time, please let our us know directly. You can also change your preferences for receiving our emails at any time, and you can unsubscribe by following the instructions specified in our marketing emails or via the websites.
If you request specific services or communications, such as newsletters, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained in each communication. If you decide to unsubscribe from a service or communication, we will ensure that your data is removed promptly, however we may need additional information before we can process your request.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to a recipient for the purposes of outsourcing one or more of the purposes-related functions described above; to confirm or update information provided by you; to inform you of events, information about our services, and other important information, or for other purposes disclosed at or before the time the information is collected.
If you tell us you wish to attend an event, your name and organization may appear on a list which we provide to other delegates at the event. We may also take photographs and video of our events, and this may result in your image being captured and used in the course of reporting on the event (e.g. via social media or other means).
In relation to any other third parties, we will only disclose your information where you have given your consent or where we are required to do so by law, or where it is necessary for the purpose of, or in connection with legal roceedings or in order to exercise or defend legal rights.
Under certain circumstances, you have the following rights:
- Access and Accuracy: the right to ask us to provide you, or a third party, with copies of the personal information we hold about you at any time and to be informed of the contents and origin, verify its accuracy, or else request that such information be supplemented, updated or rectified in accordance with the applicable law;
- Erasure or Blocking: the right to request erasure, anonymisation or blocking of your personal information that is processed in breach of the law;
- Objecting: the right to object on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal information. In certain circumstances we may not be able to stop using your personal information, if that is the case, we will inform you;
- Complaints: if you believe that your data protection rights may have been breached, you have the right to lodge a complaint to the applicable supervisory or data protection authority; and
- Withdraw consent: when personal information is processed on the basis of consent ,an individual may withdraw consent at any time. In the event that you no longer want to receive any communication from us, please use the unsubscribe option, or contact us directly.
The information you provide may be confidential, and we will maintain such confidentiality and protect your information in accordance with this privacy notice, our professional obligations and applicable law. We do not sell, rent, distribute, or otherwise make, personal information commercially available to any third party. We may share information with our service providers for the purposes set out in this privacy notice.
GOVERN Center has put in place reasonable policies to protect personal data from unauthauthorized misuse, loss, alteration or destruction. We ensure that we retain personal data only for as long as necessary to process your requests, to comply with any legal, regulatory or professional obligations imposed on us, or until such time as these persons request the deletion of their data. The period for which data are kept depends both on their nature and on the specific circumstances that led us to collect them.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will retain your personal information for the length of time needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected (as outlined in this Policy) unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. Your personal information will be kept only during the applicable statute of limitations period for any disputes or liabilities that may arise as a consequence of the processing of that information (up to 15 years). Once potential actions are time-barred we will proceed to delete the personal data. In any other circumstances, we will only retain your personal information for a shorter or longer period as required by any applicable law.
If you have any questions about this Policy, or our processing of your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.